I’m very excited about some of the books being released this month (which is my birthday month—feel free to send gifts). There’s a nice range of genres from middle grade and young adult to historical fiction and fiction:
- Transcription by Kate Atkinson. I’m a sucker for World War II books of all types.
- Virgil Wander by Leif Enger. I’m looking forward to this book for sentimental reasons. You see, my brother introduced me to Leif Enger, whom I loved. In return, I bought him the new Leif Enger book (at the time) for his birthday. After my brother died, those books came back to me.
- Mirage by Somaiya Daud. Technically this book was released in late August, but whatever.
- The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner. Thanks to Katherine Arden, among others, I’m a big fan of fairy tale retelling in books.
- Small Spaces by Katherine Arden. Speaking of Katherine Arden, she’s coming out with this middle grade book, which I’ll read because she wrote it.
- The Glass of Lead and Gold by Cornelia Funke. I haven’t read a Cornelia Funke novel in a while, but I’m a big fan of Thief Lord and the Inkheart series.
What did I miss? What books are looking forward to reading this month?