The holidays are always a big time for donating food and goods to those in need; there are plenty of ways to help that cause. But not all of the hungry people out there are hungry for food. Some are starved for love, kindness, or friendship. These are the hungry of heart.
How to Feed the Hungry of Heart
This week, feed the hungry of heart, those who are alone, depressed, afraid, weary, and grieving. Here are some ways:
- Reach out in friendship.
- Be encouraging in all that you say and do. Especially to those who need it.
- Take cookies to someone suffering from a trial.
- Invite someone who is alone this holiday season to your home.
- Talk to someone who is lonely or needs a listening ear.
- Mourn with those who mourn.
- Be kind. Kindness can go a long way.
The holidays are busy, I know. Sometimes the most important way to feed a hungry heart is to put your plans on hold and take a few moments out for another. Even if it’s just to chat or hug someone hello. I’m not the best at that, admittedly. I’m single-minded when it comes to getting things done, but I’m trying to take time out for what’s really important. We just need to try, because we are all, at some point, hungry of heart. Let’s feed each other.